Thursday, December 6, 2012

One Week Down

I have been consistently sober for one entire week. When I made the decision to take a break from alcohol last Thursday so I could take some time to examine whether I truly had a problem, I didn't think the one-week mark would be such a big deal.

But since then, I've survived three restaurant experiences, one night home alone and a holiday party where I have white-knuckled my way through sobriety. OK, to be honest, the restaurant experiences weren't a challenge. But that single night alone and last night's holiday party really were.

I ate way too much last night. My stomach is still overfilled from all the food. I might actually have a food hangover -- different from a booze hangover but no less unpleasant. I've been reading on other blogs that now is not the time to worry about weight or calories. One even said "chocolate is your friend." But I don't think I'm doing my body any favors if I stop abusing it in one way and start abusing it in another.

Not sure what I'll do about all of that, but I'll figure it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment