Thursday, December 13, 2012

Day 5

The devil on my shoulder has been loud lately. I thought about drinking all day yesterday. When I was making a cup of coffee yesterday, I thought of how much better it would taste with a little brandy or whiskey. When someone handed me a 7-Up at work yesterday, I took it (I don't drink carbonated beverages) and drank the whole thing wishing I had some Seagram's 7 at home. I went to a party with a friend last night, and when I arrived at her place, she was sipping on a glass of wine while getting ready. I white-knuckled my Starbucks peppermint tea that I brought and didn't ask her to share the wealth.

The party we were attending was booze-free as expected, but it was hard to concentrate on the fun. I just wanted a drink. To top it off, I was so exhausted from my nights of not sleeping that I couldn't help but think a little nightcap would be perfect.

As much as I wanted to stick around for wine and whine time with my friend when we got back to her place, I had my husband meet me there so I didn't even walk in her house. I apologized for running off and used the excuse of us both needing to work today. I came home cranky and fatigued from my day of emotional wars.

I went to bed sober. That's my win for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment