Friday, December 14, 2012

Made it Through

Despite cravings and fears, I made it through last night sober. I ate just about everything in sight at the party, came home with a tummy ache, put a movie on and cuddled with my daughter on the couch until we both fell asleep.

I woke up with hubby standing over us taking pictures on his cell phone. At ease with him home, I went to bed with almost not even a "good night." I slept a bit better. Still up every 90 minutes or so but at least I could fall back asleep easily.

My stomach is still tender but I don't care.

Tonight is the big challenge: Holiday Booze Fest 2012. Well, it's labeled as an innocent ornament exchange. And it's the talk of the town. I finally made it on the invite list last year -- FINALLY! But I couldn't go. This year, I was invited and among the first to RSVP.

It wasn't until yesterday that I discovered the actual exchange is not why the party is the talk of the town. It's because the party hosts hire a private bartender who mixes up dreamy concoctions at the open bar. The hosts provide cab service and the party doesn't stop until 2 a.m.

I'm set to go with a friend. She's driving. She also works at 8 a.m. tomorrow. I'm hoping we'll be out of there by 10 p.m. and my plan is for us to be sober -- I think I'll just eat everything in sight like I did last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment