Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day 3-Busy Week

I kicked off my week of insanity last night. I have a holiday-related event every single night this week. No time for rest, no time to breathe. Heck, I'm not even sure if I'll have time to decorate for Christmas. Next year, that task needs to be on Black Friday just to ensure it happens!

I made it through yesterday without a drink. It was offered but I managed to hold my tongue and not echo the "hell yeahs" the other moms responded to the suggestion of Bailey's spiked coffee.

Came home to sleeping little one and a difficult conversation with my husband. I'm trying to resolve an argument we had a week ago. Unfortunately, he started taking Lexapro a week ago, and he just couldn't focus on the topic. So, I went to bed frustrated and emotionally exhausted. I kept thinking that a glass of wine would make me so much more patient, that it would make the conversation so much easier to tolerate.

In the end, I went to bed sober and had yet another miserable night of sleep. That's one of the problems I'm facing in early sobriety. I can't sleep for shit. Irritating, and it doesn't make me very nice in the morning.

Today, I'm fueling up on coffee. No more of this quitting all vices at once. Right now, I'll focus on alcohol. Coffee can go away later.

I'll be gone late again tonight, but this time, the event I'm attending is guaranteed alcohol-free. I have a holiday party on Wednesday; no clue what's being served. I might just take tea with me. Thursday night is another booze-free party. Friday night's party will have more booze than food so I need to figure out a plan for that. And then Saturday I'll be facing the same scenario.

Just need to stay strong and focus on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment